Bright aromas of melons and pears with a spicy and smoaky hint. Blossom flavours appear remembering of white rose blossoms. On the palate full bodied with a vivid acidity and mineralic texture. A nice long nutty finish.
The fruits are from diverent vineyard sites around Bischoffingen with Loess and Volcanic soil. Vintage 2010 we had a little crop. We hardly had to reduce the fruits. Chilly temperatures persisisting throughout most of late summer, resulting that the fruits could ripen very slowly with a high acidity level. We waited as long as possible with picking. A gentle whole cluster press removed juice from the skins and seeds. 90% was cold fermented in stainless steel, the remaining 10% was fermented in oak.
Variety: Pinot Gris
Fermentation: 90% steel, 10% oak
Aging Potential: 5 years
Alcohol: 13,5 % vol.
Total Acidity: 5,0 g/l
Residual Sugar: 3,0 g/l
Sugarfree Extract: 22,6 g/l
Carpaccio, salad with duck breast, warm and cold veggie dishes,
The wine is best served at 8-14°C.